Monday 8 December 2014

Target Audience

The target audience for my thriller film/opening sequence will be both male and female teenagers and young adults, like 16-28 years old. I have chosen this to be my target audience because this is the group of people that are most likely to watch a thriller film as, unlike younger children, they will be able to understand some of the meaning behind the plot and other concepts in the film.
 
A professionally made film that is similar to mine and so therefore will have the same target audience is something like the Saw films. I do not think this because of it's gore factor and sinister characters, but because the target audience for the Saw films is similar to the target audience for my film.
 
Also, because my film opening is not going to be a gory horror, but instead a thriller, this may attract a wider audience because people will not be cautious about any disturbing images or scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment